domingo, 26 de julio de 2009

THE VISITOR

Un dialogo en la película The Visitor, de Thomas McCarthy:

WALTER

Mouna, I’ve taken a leave of
absence for the rest of the
semester.

MOUNA
Really? Why?

Walter is suddenly self-conscious.

WALTER
I just thought I might spend some
more time in New York.

MOUNA
Walter, you do not have to do this.

WALTER
I want to.

MOUNA
But you have to be in Connecticut.
You have your teaching. And your
book.

WALTER
It’s fine really.

MOUNA
This is not your problem, Walter.
It’s OK that you are busy.

Her simple words strike a chord with Walter.

WALTER
I’m not busy. Not at all.
(Beat)
Mouna, the truth is I haven’t been
doing any work for a long time.

MOUNA
You just presented your paper at
the conference.

He is beginning to unravel.

WALTER
I didn’t even write it. I just read
it. I’ve been teaching the same
course for twenty years. It doesn’t
mean anything to me. None of it
does. I pretend. I pretend that I’m
busy. That I’m writing. Working.
But I’m not doing anything.

Walter trails off.

WALTER (CONT’D)
I’m sorry.

MOUNA
Don’t be. I appreciate you telling
me this.

The Waiter returns and pours some more water.

MOUNA (CONT’D)
Walter, what would you do if you
didn’t teach?

WALTER
I don’t know.

MOUNA
I think that is exciting. Not to
know.

2 comentarios:

OscaR V. dijo...

muy güeno, SI. Abrazos Matías y sigue dudando,es como aprendemos.
Tu trabajo de ahora, el que he visto recientemente, lo tiene. Tiene todas estas dudas, al menos eso pienso... y no sabes cómo me gusta !

David dijo...

Que bien, una película sin doblaje!... :-) Salud!